The UK Americana Awards have unveiled the shortlist for their 2019 awards ceremony.
Iconic singer, songwriter and musician Graham Nash OBE, has been selected by the Americana Music Association UK as its 2019 Lifetime Achievement Award recipient.
Commenting on the decision, Stevie Freeman, CEO Americana Music Association UK, said: “It feels absolutely right that Graham Nash OBE will be accepting our Lifetime Achievement Award in 2019. His prolific solo career spans five decades, alongside an incredible body of work with two iconic bands: The Hollies and international supergroup Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young. Nash wrote some of CSNY’s most memorable songs, including worldwide hits that remain part of our musical landscape.
“He has never shied away from using his voice for activism, with political and environmental messages often heard in his work. He is a wonderful icon for trans-transatlantic collaborations, proving once again that the core values of this music travel and mix to create a unique form that we call Americana.” Nash will share the honor with past UK Americana Lifetime Achievement Award winners Richard Thompson and Robert Plant.
The 2019 UK Americana Awards are scheduled to take place on Thursday, January 31, 2019.
Full list of 2019 nominees available below:
UK Album of the Year
• All On Red by Orphan Colours (produced by Steve Llewellyn, Fred Abbott and Rupert Christie) • Bennett Wilson Poole by Bennett Wilson Poole (produced by Tony Poole) • Shorebound by Ben Glover (produced by Neilson Hubbard and Ben Glover) • Treetop Flyers by Treetop Flyers (produced by Reid Morrison, Sam Beer and Laurie Sherman)
International Album of the Year
• By The Way I Forgive You by Brandi Carlile (produced by Dave Cobb and Shooter Jennings) • Let Your Kindness Remain by Courtney Marie Andrews (produced by Mark Howard and Courtney Marie Andrews) • Ruins by First Aid Kit (produced by Tucker Martine) • The Tree of Forgiveness by John Prine (produced by Dave Cobb)
UK Song of the Year
• Be More Kind by Frank Turner (written by Frank Turner) • Chicago by Josienne Clarke and Ben Walker (written by Josienne Clarke) • Southern Wind by Dean Owens (written by Dean Owens and Will Kimbrough) • Uh-huh by Jade Bird (written by Jade Bird)
International Song of the Year
• Hold Your Head Up High by Darlingside (written by Auyon Mukharji, Caitlin Canty and Donald Mitchell) • Mockingbird by Ruston Kelly (written by Ruston Kelly) • Rolling On by Israel Nash (written by Israel Nash) • The Joke by Brandi Carlile (written by Brandi Carlile, Dave Cobb, Phil Hanseroth and Tim Hanseroth)
UK Artist of the Year
• Bennett Wilson Poole • Ethan Johns • Robert Plant • The Wandering Hearts
International Artist of the Year
• John Prine • Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real • Mary Gauthier • Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats
UK Instrumentalist of the Year
• CJ Hillman • Gwenifer Raymond • Martin Harley • Seth Lakeman
*Special awards not listed